February 7, 2016
Refactoring: Python server script episode 1 – intro
The first video in the Python Server refactor series where we discuss the project and get started with the preliminary tasks.
Heres what we did:
- Looked at architecture and other project information
- Got project into version control, set up Git repository
- Dealt with line endings issue
- Deal with trailing whitespace issue (see links)
- Initial assessment of the code
- Found global scope code issues
- Found inconsistent formatting of code
- Found massive ball-of-mud object with tons of instance variable
- Found instance variables that really should be constants
Please do feel free to ask any questions in the comments section!